Well this is my first ever blog. I usually keep away from things like this and am trying my best to keep away from facebook twitter etc.
Im trying to grow as much fruit and veg in my wee garden as I can this year. Id love the children to see where food comes from in the hope they will try more.
Ive put up a small polythene greenhouse and have got a small veg patch of about 1 1/2 metres by 2 metres and am managing to grow, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, beetroot, potatoes, aubergines, purple sprouting broccoli, pumpkins cabbages, peas, green beans, leeks, chillis, parsnips, butternut squash, garlic, strawberries, raspberries, lettuce and jerluselum artichokes!. Gosh I had no idea how much I had planted til i wrote it all down. Most things are thriving but the slugs have been at my cabbages and pumpkins.
I dont have much time to spend in the garden now im working part time, but I enjoy going out after 7pm when the kids are sleeping just to check, water and talk to my wee plants.
Sunday, 17 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment